Friday, December 7, 2012

Demonstration Ride

In my many years in the Auto Industry I always find it amazing that we continue to short cut the Sales Process.  I sold cars a few years ago I may have made the mistake of short cutting. I may have rushed a few things.  My goals were simple sell one car a day.  One sold car a day gave me 20 delivered each month. I can not recall delivering a vehicle without a demo.
I am always amazed when I hear a manager ask that question "has your costomer driven the vehicle", in the middle of negotiations, and the salesperson bows their head. And without saying a word I know it is going to be a hard road to the sale.
I was afraid to deliver a vehicle with out a demo ride, sometimes twice.
We have all heard the customers reasons for not driving:
  • I drove one up the street..
  • They are all the same, just need a price on this one...
  • Just want the one in the paper...
  • I have the same thing now, just getting a newer model..
  • Its for my wife...
Is that what you hear?
What do you say?
How do you get them to drive a vehicle?
Here is what I used in the past.
(always check with your managers before you use a new close).
Remember timing is everything..(no reason to make it difficult, find a close that works for you)

Say:"I understand":
  • "You drove one up the street let's verify that this vehicle has the equipment you requested".
  • "They are all built the same let's verify that this vehicle has the equipment you requested".
  • "You want the one in the paper let's verify that this vehicle has the equipment you requested".
  • "You have the same thing now let's verify that this vehicle has the equipment you requested".
  • "It's for your wife let's verify that this vehicle has the equipment you requested".
If this does not work for you, find the right close that fits your personality.

You need to get them in the car every time..

No comments:

Post a Comment