Thursday, December 6, 2012

Manager TO

Don't you find it funny in the Automobile Industry that customers will tell us what they want, and we still can't close the deal....
"What, you mean that customer on my showroom is here to buy a vehicle"? "Boss they are here just looking for a washing machine"... (Really)... HUH!
  • Maybe we have not asked the right questions?
  • Maybe we never looked them in the eye?
  • Maybe we forgot to leave our bruised attitude at the door?
  • Maybe, Maybe, Maybe..
Customers if approached properly, with respect, and with professionalism will respond.

Some of the BEST start before they ever talk to the customer.
One of the ones I recall best is John Lukehart, from 20 feet John just had it in his step. His hand was out in front  from 10 feet away from the customer, a smile on his face, and a strong greeting.  It was greatness, I loved it (and I had been selling for over 10 years).
"Hi", "I'm John", "I just wanted to thank you for spending a few minutes with ....", "did you have the opportunity to drive the ....". "Was it the right equipment/color"? "What was it about the vehicle..."
Before you knew it the customers were laughing, and spilling every single detail of what they wanted.  "Well I wanted blue, and needed my payment around $$$, and I will put a little extra cash down to help get the payment where we need to be".
It was a show, it was entertaining and it was fun to watch!!!!
Is that what your TO looks like?
Do People want to stop and watch the show?
If not, brush up baby!
Attitude, and a strong hand shake is a good start.
Know what to say!
Customers want to end the stress of buying, they just need to find the right Person, Place, and Vehicle.

No comments:

Post a Comment