Sunday, March 16, 2014

Can you say great day yesterday?

Yesterday was a "WOW" day for me. First let me thank the person involved in the WOW.  "The Rook". Ok, a little explanation for this outburst. We all have strong points, and understand the most successful CEO/CFO's and Managers of any field realize a simple rule, surround yourself with people that know what you don't! We cannot master all aspects of an industry. So find an expert. For me yesterday was one of the many in my life that I realized that there is much to learn. And that I was never going to master everything. I spent an hour on the phone and gathered some very valuable information on Social Media, Marketing and ON-Line Reputation growth. My belief was that I had a sufficient knowledge of what that might look like, you know gaining a good reputation On-Line. Uh NO CLUE. So this blog is about giving up your know-it-all attitude. "The Rook" did not dig into all of my On-Line content, but his quick overview was the type of information that I needed. Not the typical "yes man" responses, he gave me true feedback. Isn't it frustrating to try to improve and everyone always tells you have great it all is, all the time you know it is just a bunch of smoke. So thank you The Rook for your time yesterday and your honest appraisal. Looking forward to more meetings filled with honesty and personal growth!

No comments:

Post a Comment