Sunday, October 27, 2013

Sundays are made for this...

When I think of my younger days when life
 was at it's most calm point.
It was always on Sundays,
and Sunday Mornings!
Ah, the quiet mornings.
When I was a kid I would go to
work with my Dad.
All the other guys were off.
My Dad was busy with office stuff mostly.
He was and is a Contractor to this day at 86.
Where would you find me?
Behind the warehouse.
See in the old days if we built a basement or had extra fill dirt
we dumped it behind our warehouse
in a dry river bed.
As a kid it was my own private play ground.
It was great, mounds of dirt.
Bricks, rocks and stuff!!
How many of you could line up bottles
and throw rocks at them!
I was really good at that, lol.
But I remember the quiet!
That was my dirt road.
What does yours look like?
Have a great attitude today!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment