Sunday, May 12, 2013

Marriage

Marriage is a relationship, and relationships take work, and it is hard sometimes! 
There I said it, Relationships are hard!
Reality is that they all take work.  Anything that you allow in your life should take some work or where is the value?  Maybe I said that wrong.  We all enjoy the beach, but most of us work all week long so we can enjoy that time.  Marriage is much like that.  My daughter ask me a few years ago "how do you know who you should marry"?  As a Father you really need to think how you want to answer that question.
Here are the things I said:
  • You will know in your heart.
  • You have to let them be right sometimes (even if you don't agree).
  • It does not matter who makes the money in the family if you love each other.
  • It does not matter about education.
Now when I look back, I wish I had just ask about ego, and if she were willing to work.  When you look at marriage and the silly disagreements that you have, it all comes back to the attitude of your ego.
Keep in mind what is most important for both of you.  When I think of the disagreements that my wife and I have, it all comes back to being right.  At the end of the day does it matter?  It takes work to overcome my ego, and allow things to happen.
Remember to adjust your ego, and have a great attitude. 


No comments:

Post a Comment