Sunday, April 14, 2013

Are you going for a run today?

For those of you that have known me over the years know that I ran Cross Country in High School and had run triathlons, Marathons and an occasional Ultra-Marathon in the past.  Running defined me for many years and has helped me shape and succeed in life.  What many people that know me now do not know is that running was taken from me due to a bicycle accident 14 August 1998 - 15 years ago.  And I still crave it.  I miss the open roads and the long runs.
Running was a great therapy for me.  It gave me time to think about and process the world each day.
It was a release from the daily grind. When your running alone there is no one there to correct you or tell you that your thinking is wrong.  I could do it anywhere, all I needed was just a pair of shoes and shorts.
I have known people that hate running.  They would always ask me questions like why do you do it?  Or what a waste of time, wouldn't you rather ...?  What do you think about?
It was an attitude!
So if your a runner I am jealous of your ability to strap on a pair of Nike (or what ever your brand of shoe) and take off out the door to explore the roads in what ever city or weather climent you enjoy (or not).  To wake up excited for the road race, or run that your going to experience.  Enjoy it for me!  You never know when it will be your last run,
so enjoy it for you.
Remember running is an ATTITUDE! 
Have a great run today!

No comments:

Post a Comment