Sunday, August 31, 2014

Dog days of summer winding down

As the hot days of summer roll past us it is time to reflect on what was this summer. It was my first summer in 18 years without my loved Ms Blanca. I hope everyone gets to experience the love of a good dog like her. Unconditional, un-ending, over zealous emotion that puts a smile on your face just thinking about it. So for this minute I smile for her memory. Inside I still fight the sadness of losing her.
It was also a year of watching Jake grow slower with his senior age. He is aging well for a near 14 year old Boarder Collie. He loves his walks! No more tennis balls, too hard on him.
The shortened cool morning walks are a gift each day.
My wish for my friends reading this is to enjoy your 4-legged friends everyday. Don't drive away headed to work and wish you had taken that walk. For one day it will be too late and you will not have that option. Each day is a gift.
Have a great attitude today!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment