Thursday, May 29, 2014

What you believe

Let me tell a short story.
This story is about your powerful mind.
20 years ago I ventured into a bike store.
 I had run everything up to a
50K (31 mile run) over the years.
I was looking for something that
might be easier on my body.
Marathons and such were a
little stressful to the joints.
So as I looked and discussed
bicycles with a young man.
I ask him what people did on the bikes.
He said very unassuming "they do centuries".
"What is that?" I ask.
He said it is 100 miles on the bike.
Nuff said, I decided to take my
new bike out and see what
it was like to be a cyclist.
Over the next few months,
every other week I would
go northeast of Dallas
and ride 75 to 105 miles.
Three months go by and I stop by
 to visit with my new found friend.
I dropped the bike off for a tune up.
He stopped me and ask,
man what are you doing to this bike?
It looks like you have been
riding Hundreds of miles.
So I explained to him what I was doing.
He could not believe that I was
riding 100 miles without support.
After firing several questions
my way he began to laugh.
You see I thought everyone was
riding bikes like that daily.
He went on to tell me that
 I should have a team van, and
on, and on, and on...
Truth was what my mind believed
was normal, was normal to me.
We allow people to set our standards.
Set your own standards.
Don't measure yourself against others.
Look in the mirror.
Imagine what you can do, and do it!
Have a great attitude today!

No comments:

Post a Comment