Monday, November 25, 2013

What is your story, would it be a good book to read?

One of my favorite things to do is to talk to anyone with wisdom.
I have often said there are many great unwritten stories out there.
I never had a relationship with my Grand Parents where we would sit and share stories.
However I have had the opportunity
to visit with some great people.
Years ago in Annapolis Maryland I had the pleasure of speaking with a gentleman. 
He was a retired Navy Captain.
His father was one of the
original Naval Aviators.
He showed me pictures of he and his four brothers all in their dress whites.
Pictures of his father with Presidents.
And he told me stories of greatness.
What I remember most is that this 90 year old gentleman spoke more clear than most 20 year old.  It was amazing to hear.
For any of you Navy guys (like me),
his name was Captain Moffit.
I believe every Navy base I ever visited had a marching field named after his dad.
I cherish my visits with people like Hal Roper, Captain Moffit, my neighbor that passed away a few years ago Mr Beardon.
If you put your story in a book would it be a good read? Would there be adventure, or did you chose the safe road?
Would they say you had a good attitude, or something else?
Have a great attitude today!

No comments:

Post a Comment