Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Don't worry about things you don't control

This is a great reminder!
You learn quickly when you travel for business that you do not control everything.
A few years ago I was on a flight from Dallas to Houston.  A 1 hour flight on most days.  It was spring and there were thunderstorms
 in Houston.  They boarded us in
Dallas and we sat and waited,
and waited, and waited (several hours).
I finally call my lovely wife not wanting to alarm her when she ask where I was I just said the airport.  Later in our short conversation she ask, wait "what airport".  When I told her Dallas she ask, why don't you go talk to the Captain.  My reply was that the Captain wanted to get there just like me, that we did not have control of the weather.
Don't let things out of your control, control your attitude.
We don't control the weather now do we.

No comments:

Post a Comment