Thursday, May 2, 2013

What is it about Failure that scares us?
Why do people get so worried about failure that it freezes their mind.
Truth is failure is most cases is way over rated.  Here are a couple of examples:
Baseball-I get a hit 3 out of 10 times I try, so I failed 70% of the time.  Yet I could be the best hitter in baseball.
Car sales-The Top Salesperson of the Month sold 20 cars, but he talked to 100 customers to sell the 20.  So he failed 80% of the time.
We are not measured by our failures, we are measured by the number of times we failed and got back up.  You see if I tried to sell a customer and they said no, and left the dealership and I stopped trying, now that is failure.  My goal is to catch the next customer and sell them, or the next.  I always knew that it was a numbers game.  If I missed a sale I was even more sure that the next one would buy, in fact I would get excited for the chance to sell the next one.  Because I had the right attitude.
Your not going to win every time, how do you respond when times get tough?  You quit, you fail.  You keep going, dust off your pants and you'll be just fine.  One last thought:
Do what you've always done,
You'll get what you've always got!
You may have to change something..
Do it with the right Attitude!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment