Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Mark Andrew Marvel

Andy 4-30-1959
Happy Birthday to my big brother!
When I think back to being kids he always believed in me.  I don't know that he ever understood me, but he stood up for me.  There are several great memories that come to mind such as our deal when we were early teens-we agreed to never judge the others for their decisions.  So if he wanted to do something, unless I tried it, I should not place my opinions on him.  And if he were with friends, and they tried to get me to do something out of my character he would put me in front of his friends.  He would tell his friends to stop.  That could have been one of the most life changing things a big brother could have given his younger brother-freedom to make his own decisions based on his wants and needs.
A few years after I had graduated from high school and was somewhere in the world in the Navy I talked to my brother and he was so excited to tell me that he had met someone out of town that knew me, and how proud he was of what all I had accomplished.
So thank you big brother for the things you had given me that helped shape who I am.
Love you, and talk soon.
Happy Birthday!


No comments:

Post a Comment