Monday, October 15, 2012

Fear of Change

Why do we fear change in our lives?

Why is it that if your a believer that you can not follow one simple rule, to let go?
Why do we fear letting go?
To give up control of our life?
Do we really believe that we control its total direction.

Why do we fear changing jobs?
Is it truly a fear of failure?
Is it a fear that we will not be in our comfort zone?

Why is it more difficult to change as we get older?
Is it because we are more set in our ways?

I just spent two weeks ending a 5 1/2 year job. My fear was that the relationships that had been built were going to be lost. Truth is it is up to me to see that they carry on. I lost sleep, had anxious thoughts, was afraid but that all passed. My friends understood, and they are still my friends. What in the heck was I worried about.

Be excited for change, make your life an adventure. Take some chances, and challenge yourself.
Tim Marvel 10-12-12

No comments:

Post a Comment